Instead of going out this year and spending a fortune on new patio furniture, you will want to first take a look at these 30 awesome backyard chair DIY ideas to try right now.
You might want to rethink your backyard chairs after you take a look at these easy projects to do, and the best part is that there are so many ways to recycle and save money. The following are just some of the ways to recycle your old patio furniture. For the full tutorial with 30 amazing ideas, you will want to take a look at the site.
1. The first diy idea for your old plastic chairs is to make some outdoor chaise lounges that look like the type of poolside chairs from a five-star hotel you stayed at. You will be especially amazed when you look at the before photos as it doesn't seem possible that they look this good. It really is amazing what a little soft scrubbing and some spray paint can do.
2. Another project to do with your old plastic furniture is to spray them white again, so they look shiny and new. Scrubbing old patio furniture clean is a pain, it is much easier to repaint them white, your patio will thank you for it later.
3. One of the best ways to restore and ways to recycle old furniture after it has been painted is to accessorize with a few waterproof pillows. You can also cover up any really bad scratches or marks with a few waterproof cushions or pillows, and it gives new life to old chairs. Paint faded patio chairs and then add some colorful waterproof cushions, you will want to have your friends over to see.
4. Paint the chair cushions with chalkboard paint. Craft your DIY idea for your own chalk paint by mixing a cup of flat paint and a tablespoon of grout, then paint with two coats.
5. Move your patio chairs to a quiet spot. Pull out the yard weeds and curve out the selected spot with some rocks, for a spot to relax. You might opt for some Adirondack chairs in your front yard.
6. Change your old chair cushions with some bright fabric. If you have a sewing machine or don't mind handstitching, you can pick out some bright fabric and cover your cushions. This is an easy idea, and you can always find fabric at discounted prices. Colorful cushions will give new life to both the old chairs and to your patio.
7. Update an old bistro chair and table set with some bright colors. Revamp the bistro chairs with your favorite colors and this diy idea, and put the chairs in a nice spot in your garden. Make sure to lay out some drop cloths to when you spray them you can protect the cement or plants from any after spray. The fantastic thing about this paint is that it is two times the ultra cover and has a primer and paint in it. So you don't need to sand the chair first, which is a huge bonus and you just need to clean it and wash off any dirt. For the full tutorial, you will want to look at the site.
8. Use a rainbow of colors to give new life to old plastic patio chairs. Grab a few cans of colred spray paint for a colorful array of seating options. Try some Krylon spray paint for your DIY idea.
You will find these 30 awesome backyard chair DIY ideas on the Hometalk site. On the site, you will find other DIY ideas, projects to do, ways to recycle, and so much more. **
Learn MORE at Hometalk